Graduate students who are U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents.
Applicants can be from any science or engineering discipline. Examples of research areas may include:
- Functional electrical and magnetic ceramics, polymers, and metals
- Imaging techniques including microscopy, diffraction, and spectroscopy
- Electrical and magnetic measurements
- Neuroscience and neuroimaging
- Electrical and magnetic composites
- Signal processing, low-noise circuits, or energy harvesting
Interested candidates will submit the following as a single PDF file:
- Certification from the department that the candidate is a graduate student in good standing
- Letter of recommendation from the graduate supervisor stating the approval to participate in PACK program
- 2-page research description describing the research focus in graduate thesis-related work to be conducted at U Kiel. List tasks and monthly milestones.
- One-page description of why you want to be a PACK fellow and how being a PACK fellow would help your research/career. While not required, it would b helpful to list any faculty at University of Kiel working the in applicant’s research area.
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidate (3-page limit)
- 1-page description of prior research achievements
The single PDF file containing all of the requested materials should be emailed to email@example.com.
First round selection of candidates will be made by a committee organized by The American Ceramic Society. Recommended candidates will be interviewed by the faculty participating in the program to make final selections.
The application deadline for the second cohort is December 6, 2019.
Funding and Logistics
Support for travel, lab fees, lodging will be covered by the fellowship. Penn State will provide assistance with travel insurance and visa needed to conduct research activities at U Kiel. Each PACK Fellow will conduct research at U Kiel for a minimum of one month and up to three months during the cohort session.
December 6, 2019 Application Deadline
January 7-10, 2020 Applicant interviews
March 6, 2020 Announcement of students selected for PACK Fellowship